ARO Model 4LX 4 Lamp VHO Ballast Kit
A powerful electronic ballast that will efficiently operate T-8, T-12, Normal Output (NO), High Output (HO) and Very High Output (VHO) bulbs at cooler temps and extend life, compared to standard ballasts. With rapid start and high frequency operation, you will never see flickering.
- * Electronic ARO Model 4LX VHO ballast kit is designed to operate FOUR bulbs up to 440 watts of light (with maximum of 16 feet of lamp length).
- * Extreme intensity and reliability is guaranteed. Backed by a 1 year warranty on the ballast.
- * Versatile ballast, with a quick disconnect lamp harness allowing you to increase or decrease the number of bulbs you are operating (as long as the 440W / 16 feet limitation is adhered to).
- Additional wiring harnesses sold separately. If you wish to purchase more wiring harnesses, select the option from the drop down above, then Add to Cart. For each light ballast unit you select to purchase, a set of four at $16.00 will be added. This is optional only.
- * Exceptionally energy efficient electronic ballast with potted design for moisture resistant operation.
- * Has 1/4" holes on ballast case for easy mounting.
- * This is an in-series product; thus, if you choose to use the 4 lamp harness, all four lamps will be either "On" or "Off" at the same time.
- * Endcaps are high quality 3 piece moisture resistant units and are German made.
- * Ballasts are not dimmable.
- * VHO ballasts are not compatible on X-10 systems.
- Name: ARO Model 4LX Fluorescent VHO ballast. Manufacturer Code: 41003
- Type: Rapid Start, Electronic.
- Watts: Operates up to 440 Watts.
- Bulb Length Limit: Do not exceed 16 feet in total bulb length.
- Ballast Case Dimensions: 11 3/4"L x 3"W x 2"H
- Length of power cord: 7'1/2"
- Lamp harness: 6 feet.
- Quick Disconnect Cable: 7' 1/2"
- Endcaps: German 3 Piece, moisture resistant
- "On / Off" switch: Yes
- Pre-Wired: Yes
- Input: 120 Volts
- Warranty: Yes, 1 year to original purchaser.
To avoid damage to your system, make sure the lamps are seated firmly in the 3 piece endcaps and the connection between the lamp harness and ballast is pushed all the way together. Any connection that is not made firm can cause an ARC, potentially causing damage/failure to your system. If you are not sure how to properly install the lamp, please call us toll free at 877-339-4440. Damage caused by an arc is not covered under warranty.
This retrofit/ballast kit must be housed in an area free of moisture, behind glass or acrylic. Make sure the bulb(s) and socket(s) are sealed off from any moisture, humidity or evaporation of your aquarium. Failure to do so will void any and all warranty, and could be a potential hazard.
OCReef.com highly recommends the use of a ground fault circut interrupter with all of the lighting equipment we offer. With the correct installation and proper precautions taken you can avoid electrical shock or electrocutions.