EcoTech Marine MP60 Vortech Propeller Pump w/ EcoSMART Driver
The MP60 is engineered for tanks holding 120 to over 1,000 gallons with up to one-inch glass thickness. The MP60 uses the same award-winning technology that has made EcoTech Marine's VorTech line the number one brand of pump among reef aquarium enthusiasts. Capable of pushing 5,500/gph, the MP60 offers the smallest in-tank footprint for a commercially available pump.
EcoTech Vortech MP60 Operational Modes
Constant Speed Mode
- Pump runs continuously at a constant speed which can be set by the user.
EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM)
- A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients.
EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM)
- Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
Reef Crest Random Mode
- Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment.
Lagoonal Random Mode
- Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
Short Pulse Mode
- Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
Long Pulse Mode
- Allows for wave pulse timings of between two seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
Battery Backup Mode
- When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.