CREE's advantage is in the materials they use. CREE LED chips combine highly efficient InGaN materials with proprietary G•SIC® substrates to deliver superior price/performance for high-intensity LEDs.
- 400 PAR Value at 24 inches: Good penetration for aquariums up to 24 inches in depth.
- Weight: 7 lbs.
- Chassis & Frame Materials: Rust Proof Oxidized Aluminum & Rust Proof Oxidized Titanium.
- Cooling / Airflow & Noise: Incorporates a unique passive cooling system, along with long life dual ball bearing quiet fans (which means they won't die or become noisier while slowing down), to keep the unit running optimally. These high quality fans are rated to run for 70,000 hours (8 YEARS!). The fans work in conjunction with a built-in internal thermostat, and will only kick on when and if the temperature exceeds 120° Fahrenheit. Also each USA CREE™ XLamp® 12 LED Pad has a separate internal heat-sink, to extend the life of the diodes. Furthermore the diodes are mounted on an all aluminum circuitry board, which is an excellent conduit material that allows dispersion of heat.
- Interchangeable LED Pads: These units are designed to be modular, so that you can change the color pad, if needed, to accomodate a particular aquarium set up, for example a freshwater planted aquarium may choose to run a LED pad with Green and/or Red LEDs. For a coral reef aquarium a 12 LED pad consists of (4) 470 Nanometer Blue, (2) 420 Nanometer Blue, (4) 6,500 Kelvin White, and (2) 10,000 Kelvin White.
- Warranty: All Tesla® products are warranted for 1 year against manufacturing defects. The diodes are covered for three years. During this period, in the rare event should a problem arise, we will repair or replace the defective unit or part at our discretion. In the unlikely event should an LED burn out, send that burned out LED pad to us, and we'll send you a replacement, free of charge. Truly plug and play... No modifications required... Just unscrew and unplug your old component and replace it with a new one and/or an upgraded component...
- Optics: The optics are 90 degree optics which focuses the light beam into a 90 degree angle and thus directs all the light down instead of losing some light to outward projection.
- Mounting: Optional wire hanging kit with convenient brass fittings, and slide-on legs, both included.
- Shunt Protection: Includes shunt protection tubes (leap circuits). In the unlikely event should one CREE LED burn out, the rest of the CREE LEDs keep on running. One open circuit (blown LED) can cause an entire LED string to go dark leading to costly results. Because shunt protectors are added, this allows the healthy LEDs in the string to remain illuminated by shunting current around the inoperable LED. Since your expensive corals require an LED lighting application that is highly stable and has reliable functionality, you can now see the added benefit of shunt protection tubes. In conclusion it will keep the rest of your LEDs running until you are able to get that one burned out LED replaced.
- Quality Assurance: This unit is built to be rock solid and easy to maintain. A die-hard unit that keeps on keeping on...
- Sizing Tips: For 24" and 36" aquariums 1 fixture. For 48" aquariums 2 fixtures. For 72" aquariums 3 fixtures.
- Volts - Universal Input Range: 100 to 240VAC / 50 to 60Hz. Designed to be compatible with and used with voltage in most countries.
The Tesla Svelte Light fixture is exclusively developed to provide all essential ranges of color spectrum required by photosynthetic corals and plants. A well balanced color spectrum is crucial for the success of both marine reef and planted aquariums. Benefits, include: an enhanced growth rate, more fluorescence and increased color enhancement in your corals.
Spectrograph USA CREE™ XLamp®:
- White LED: 8,000K - 16,000K, ~100 lumen / watt
- Royal Blue LED: 450nm - 465nm
- Red LED: 640nm - 660nm
- Blue LED: 465nm - 485nm
- Green LED: 505nm - 520nm
- Super Actinic 410nm - 420nm
- Total Lumens: Over 9,000 Lumens
- Equal to MH / HPS light 250w - 400w
USA CREE™ XLamp® Spectrograph
Image of Modular USA CREE™ XLamp® 12 LED Interchangeable Light Pad
USA CREE™ XLamp® Series Light Emitting Diodes
Specifications are subject to change as technologies change. Additional LED pads sold separately. Freshwater LED pads available. Unit comes stocked with LED pads for Saltwater Coral Reef Aquariums.
|Positive Customer Review
11 Apr 2013, 7:27 PM
Auto dim feature is fantastic.
Thank you for all of the help, the light is working very well for me.