The Red Sea C-Skim 1200 protein skimmer represents an integration of revolutionary features and performance characteristics of a high demand commercial foam fractionator along with the footprint and affordability packed into a modern design. The C-Skim provides a new level of protein skimming in terms of efficiency, performances and user friendliness. The C-Skim features include a Peripheral Flow Closed Loop Skim Chamber providing improved water/air flow dynamics, an integrated Neck Washing system which increases long term skimming performances and the FoamView™ enabling easy adjustment of the skimming foam production.High Resolution video of the C-Skim in action
Recommended tank size:
Fish Only: up to 300 gallons
Soft corals & LPS: 175 gallons
Hard corals (SPS): 100 gallons
- Requires a 300-400 gph pump. We recommend the Mag Drive 3.
- Max. air throughput 450 liters (120 gal) per hour
- Aspiration pump: included
- Height: 54 cm (21¼ inch)
- Foot print: 34 x 25 cm (13.4 x 10 inch) including aspiration pump
- Inlet connection: 12mm (½”) standard flexible hose
- Outlet connection: 90° elbow suitable for standard 40mm or 1½ rigid pipe
- Innovative, highly effective skim reactor
- Integral neck washing system
- FoamView skim adjustment window
- 450 lph (120 gph) air injection
- Can be used as a Stand-alone or In-sump protein skimmer
*patent pendingC-Skim 1200 Principle:
Integrated Skimmer Neck Washing System
- Inlet: Aquarium water is injected above the conical top of the skim chamber which spreads the incoming water flow around the periphery of the skim chamber walls, preventing turbulent flows of water that can destabilize the foam production.
- Aeration: The aspiration pump with pin wheel impeller re-circulates the water in the chamber while constantly injecting 450 liters (120 gal) per hour of micro air bubbles into the water.
- Foaming: The conical top of the skimming chamber concentrates the air/water mixture, forcing it up into the neck of the collection cup where it transforms into dry organics-laden foam.
- Outlet: The out-flowing water is collected evenly from around the periphery of the bottom of the skim chamber where it is almost bubble free.
- Control: A skim regulator valve easily adjusts the foaming for a wide range of water conditions providing optimal skimming performance.
Research has shown that allowing organic sludge to accumulate in the skimmer neck (which will occur if not cleaned regularly), will reduce the foam production by 30-40%.
The patent pending integrated neck washing system developed specifically for the C-Skim diverts the water from the skim chamber to an annular spray ring around the top of the neck that sprays concentrated jets of water onto the inside of the neck, washing all of the accumulated sludge back into the reaction chamber. Returning the water flow back to the skim chamber flushes the sludge into the collection cup for easy disposal.FoamView
The patent pending FoamView window built into the front of the collection cup provides a clear view of the foaming action inside the skimmer neck and allows for easy and accurate adjustment to achieve the desired consistency of the foam.Ergonomic Design
The ergonomic, compact, rectangular design of the C-Skim with the complete user interface on one side of the unit makes the C-Skim ideal for use in sump or stand alone installation on any conventional filtration system without compromising on skimming efficiency or performance.
User interface features includes: Water Inlet and Outlet, Foam regulator & FoamView window, Air control valve with silencer, Skim/Wash control, Aspiration pump, Waste drain port, 90° outlet adaptor suitable for standard 40mm or 1½” rigid pipe.