Lumatek 400W 120V/240V Dimmable / Multi-Wattage (250W, 400W) Ballast w/ Non-Standard Cord
Electronic Ballast versus E-Ballast
- Easily select which hertz you'd like to run with the control knob. The SL on the control stands for Sodium Lamps, this allows you to select between Sodium Lamps or Halides whichever you are running.
- Up to 20% MORE LUMENS means faster growth, and bigger aqua-cultured harvests
- Generator Ready
- Unique graduated fin design for more efficient cooling
- Completely pre-wired with popular BAREF lamp cord
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years full + 2 years pro-rated
- Internal Resin coating protects components for long life
- External breaker system protects against power surges
- Completely silent
- Brightest Ballast on the Market - The Lumatek Ballast is the brightest ballast in the industry. Light meter readings indicate that the Lumatek ballast is up to 27% brighter than common core and coil magnetic ballasts. The Lumatek is 10-15% brighter than other brands of digital ballast on the market.
The Lumatek ballast is an E-ballast, unlike other brands on the market, which are actually electronic ballasts. E-ballasts use a microprocessor similar to a component found in a personal computer. This microprocessor allows the E-ballast to run either halide or sodium lamps, to switch between 50 and 60 hertz, to make adjustments for the type of bulb it is running, and even to compensate for degraded lamps by increasing its output. Electronic ballasts have a constant output and cannot make adjustments or changes.
There are several Lumatek look-alikes on the market. Do not assume that these have the same exclusive quantity and performance as the Lumatek. They typically use inferior components and technology and are not true E-ballasts.