Aqua Medic Model 1000 External CO2 Reactor
The CO2 Reactor 1000 is a hermetically sealed unit for introducing CO2 into large aquariums. It is externally mounted and can be used with aquaria up to 500 gallons. Measures 15" x 3".Aqua Medic Reactor 1000
User Manual (pdf format, opens in a new window).
The robust mounting plate enables it to be easily mounted outside the aquarium or inside the cabinet. Able to provide rapid CO2 introduction for systems as large as 500 gallons, the Reactor 1000 has proven to be a capable favorite among keepers of sizeable live plant systems.
CO2 Reactor 1000 Tips and Tricks
- Always use a GFI when installing your internal pump system.
- Always create a drip-loop with the power cord to prevent water from reaching electrical outlets.
- Use a pH Controller or pH Computer to switch an M-Ventil Solenoid, which will regulate the injection of CO2 to your aquarium based on the pH value of the system water. This eliminates harmful pH swings and offers an essential element of stability to your live-plant aquarium. Typically you will set your pH value between 7.0 - 7.4 for freshwater live-plant aquaria.
- Use the needle valve on the CO2 Regulator and a Bubble Counter to set your initial CO2 bubble count and adjust thereafter.
- Includes a handy "false gas" valve to temporarily allow air to escape during filling.
- The sturdy mounting plate can span up to a 1.5" tank trim width.
- Use an Oceanlight T5 lighting system in conjunction with your CO2 Reactor M and CO2 accessories for an awesome live-plant tank.
- Use Volcanit substrate for outstanding plant growth and fish presentation.
- Use Terralit for superior on-demand fertilization within the substrate.