The unique CPR Aquatic SR2 Protein Skimmer design places the air inlet venturi prior to the pump impeller achieving an effect similar to needle-wheel skimmers in that the impeller chops the bubbles into the water giving smaller bubbles and improved contact time. The bio-filter section includes shaved plastic "Bio-Bale" which acts as both a biological filter and a bubble trap to prevent small bubbles from returning to the tank.
CPR Aquatic SR2 RCPR07281 Protein Skimmer Features:
Accela Pump Info:
- For saltwater tanks up to 60 gallons
- For in-sump use only
- Includes Accela pump--more info at the bottom of the page
- Dimensions: 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" Footprint (including pump), 14.5" Height (19" needed for cup removal)
- User Manual (pdf file in new window)
The new Accela pump is similar to the Maxi-jet 1200, however, it includes some important added benefits. The pump has been modified to include a venturi intake which efficiently draws in more air with less restriction on the pump. This results in more effective protein skimming with a significantly increased "sweet spot" for skimmer operation.
- Increased air to water ratio
- Less restriction on the pump results in longer pump life
- Modest power consumption- 20% less than the Maxi-jet 1200
- UL listed with a 6 ft. grounded plug