Destroys and removes hair algae, slime algae & sticky detritus from anywhere in the tank
Removes aiptasia, majano, glass anemones and other unwanted corals or plants
Removes cyano, diatoms and red slime algae
Vacuum's sand bed. Does strong gravel & sand bed auto vacuuming
Both battery and AC wall adaptor operated
Debris gets sucked up, goes through a coarse filter pad, then into a filter sock that traps the particles and lets the water back into the tank
Designed by an electrical engineer who has reef tanks as a hobby
Hands-dry cleaning & operation
Use on any tank size, from 6 inch to 3 foot deep tanks
Speedy & easy cleaning
Export nutrients to lower tank's bio loads
No tank disruption
Avoid using chemicals
Much healthier fish, corals and plants
1 year limited warranty
Tip: When vacuuming fine sand, make sure to use the coarse fine filter pad, to keep sand from getting lodged in the motor. If the sand lodges inside the motor housing, it can easily be unassembled to clean out the sand.
↓See details & video's below.↓
Algae Mower Vac (AMV88) is an all-in-one handy aquarium cleaning tool for freshwater and saltwater tanks. It allows hobbyists to perform both general tank and specialty tank cleaning without getting their hands in the water! The patent pending AMV88 uses a strong battery operated pump with special designs to accommodate a drill bit to cut, dislodge, suck and dispose hair algae, slime algae & sticky detritus right at the spot easily. The disposed debris is trapped into a compartment for easy removal. To perform general cleaning, the AMV88 is a strong no-hose and no-water-bucket auto gravel or sand bed vacuum cleaner!
Like anything else, too much of anything is bad for your tank as well; whether it is fish, plant, coral or algae. As the living god to your tank, you thought you had the ultimate power over what should be in there or not!
But when it comes to algae, you are humanly powerless as many types of algae can proliferate and get out of hand if no controlling mechanisms are in place. Especially when you are dealing with too much of filamentous algae in the tank!
You have been told that you definitely have to be radical to bring it within manageable levels such as treating your whole tank with chemicals or removing the affected objects from the tank for brushing and even cooking them in boiling water. You know it is going to take specific attention on your part for a few weeks to prune them by hands and manage other parameters like water chemistry, lighting period and food amount to overcome it? Nothing good ever happens quickly, right?
WRONG! For the first time ever, an ingenious electromechanical handheld tool is invented for the aquarium trade to easily control the amount of filamentous algae and any detritus that you allow to exist in your tank!
Maintaining a clean aquarium is easier than ever! Just use the Algae Mower Vac regularly for a few minutes a time and once or twice per week, you can enjoy your beautiful tank and avoid time consuming and ineffective methods like before to:
1) Scrub the hair algae off from rocks with a toothbrush and risk spreading them all over the tank.
2) Take the infected objects out of the tank for cleaning or even cook them with boiling water. This radical measure often is hard or impossible to do without dismantling the whole tank!
3) Introduce more algae eating fish and invertebrates that undoubtedly generate more pollutants to grow more algae but still naively hope for the best!
4) Dump chemicals into your tank to kill them but likely hurting other inhabitants including beneficial bacteria in the process and upset the delicate parameters so vital to the well being of the fish, plants and corals that you treasure the most.
5) Use clumpsy net or siphon tube and water bucket for spot cleaning or do gravel and sand bed vacuuming of FISH WASTE and UNEATEN FOOD. (No more net being caught on objects or needing to replenish water after cleaning again!)
The Algae Mower Vac AMV88 Removes:
1) Remove Hair Alage: The algae can be on rocks, plants & even corals. Alage Mower Vac can reach into tight places!
2) Remove Debris: Such as fish waste, uneaten food and soft matters. The drill bit can be removed when working on delicate plants or corals.
3) Remove Debris On bottom: All small debris on the bare bottom or gravel can be easily removed. The suction tube length with respect to the exposed drill bit can be adjusted for optimum suction force!
4) Remove Suspended matter in water column: In a split second, the Algae Mower Vac can be maneuvered to capture suspending matter. No more fish nets getting caught on things or messy siphon tubes & water buckets anymore!
5) Completely remove and discard matter: The debris filter cup can be easily removed from the Algae Mower Vac to be cleaned after use!
6) Change water: Insert the hose into the Algae Mower Vac's water outlet, water will be directed out of the tank and into a bucket to perform a water change while cleaning debris at the same time!
Super light weight. (about 10 oz or 284g)
9 volt household battery operated. (For 1 hour of non-stop use)
An AC/DC wall adapter is also included for continuous use.
Adjustable rod length to fit 6" to 36" (15 to 91 cm) deep tanks.
Patented design long lasting powerful pump.
Use a stainless steel drill bit to dislodge hair algae & detritus.
Adjustable drill bit to any attacking angle.
Adjustable water inlet tube height for suction.
Gid rid of hair algae and detritus from anywhere in a tank!
Remove Aiptasia too!
Plant and soft coral garden trimming.
Catch suspending matters in water easily.
Remove fish waste and uneaten food.
Detachable drill bit when cleaning gravel, plants or corals.
Detachable debris holding cup & filter for easy cleaning.
Gravel suction tube & fine mesh filter bag for no-hose no-bucket strong auto gravel and sand bed cleaning!.
A 6-foot hose to perform partial water change while cleaning when needed
Note: A brand new 9V alkaline battery can run the Algae Mower for about an hour continuously. We recommend getting a 9V NIMH rechargeable battery and a charger for long term usage.
Use on any tank size
Very simple to use.
Speedy & easy cleaning.
Export nutrients to lower tank's bio loads.
No tank disruption.
Avoid using chemicals.
Much healthier fish, corals and plants.
Algae Mower Vac - AMV88 makes maintaining your tank EASY!
AM Vac also does powerful no-hose no-bucket gravel vacuum cleaning !
AM Vac does sand bed vacuum cleaning too!
AM Vac rescued a nano reef tank from hair and slime algae!
AM Vac does another gravel vacuum cleaning!
AM Vac does SPS coral gardening!
AM Vac does coral gardening to rid leaf-like algae!
28g reef tank maintained by Algae Mower Vac - AMV88