IceCap Model 430 Electronic Fluorescent Ballast
Through IceCap's patented direct ionization process, IceCap ballasts are capable of delivering unparalleled light output from conventional lamps. IceCap ballasts efficiently light lamps with a soft-start process, which enhances lamp life. In fact, lamps powered by the exclusive IceCap system provide uniform light...without the usual hot spots. And, unlike other ballasts on the market, IceCap ballasts are repairable. Plus, IceCap is so certain of the durability of all its products that they even provide an inclusive 3-year parts and labor warranty.
IceCap 430 Information:
Ice Cap Ballasts are the coolest ballasts available using 40% less electricity and burning 40% brighter. Their unique circuitry prevents premature lamp burn out and fading associated with VHO lamps. You can run VHO, HO, and STD fluorescent lamps in any combination. In summary, the Icecap 430 is a versatile and powerful ballast.
The Ultimate lamp driver for all VHO, PC and T5HO lamps.
One ballast can operate any combination, up to 4 lamps, with a total not exceeding 330 Watts.
Carefully follow all manufacturer instructions for proper installation, as to not void your 3 year warranty. For further instructions on installation visit the Ice Cap Company Website
. Opens in a new window.
User Manual Provided by Marine Depot
, another fine aquarium supply company.
Specific features include:
- A Model 430 can operate up to 12 lamp feet with a total of 330 rated lamp watts. Individual lamps can be 2 through 6 feet each. This corresponds to 10 different lamp configurations.
- Maximum light output with VHO and HO lamps.
- Cold temperature starts to -40¡ Celsius.
- 3 Year Limited Warranty.
- Mode: IceCap 430-008
- Input Voltage: 120V A/C
- Input Current: 3.3 Amps
- Input Power: 330 Watts
- Lamp Load: 3 @ 110 Watts
- Power Factor: > 60%
- Operating Frequency: 22-24 KHz
- Minimum Starting Temp.: -40C
- Max. Allowed Area Temp.: < 50C
- Max. Mounting Distance: 50 feet
- Type: 2 Outdoors
- Sound Rating: A
- Enclosure Overall Dimensions (Inches): 11 ¼ X 3 7/32 X 1 ¾
- Approval: cULus
- Thermal Protected: Class P
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Note: *Does not include power cord