Magnesium (Mg) is present in a high quantity (1.300/1.350 ppm) in natural seawater. Contrary to its (not only quantitative) significance, this element was ignored as an important parameter of the marine aquarium for a long time.
In contrast to that we know today that Magnesium creates a remarkable improvement in the growth of calcareous algae and also has a positive influence on the growth of invertebrates and macro algae.
The ideal value of Magnesium in the aquarium is:
- for the seawater aquarium 1100-1300 mg/Lt
- High quality system: one powder reagent and two liquids!
- Standard sensibility: 100 ppm of Magnesium ions.
- NIST validation: each batch is validated using NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) samples
"C" reagent available as separate sales unit
- High number of test per kit: up to 40 test (with a standard Mg level of 1100 ppm)
- "Safe reagents": reagents and testing procedures are based on Low Risk Reagents. None of our test kits are based on Toxic Reagents.