CPR Aquatic Cyclone Bak-Pak RCPR02071 Protein Skimmer Features:
- For saltwater fish only tanks up 60 gallons. For Reef Tanks, check out our Bak-Pak 2R+.
- For hang-on use only
- Can be used with the Pre-Skimmer/Bubble Trap Box, Bubble Trap Box Clear, Bubble Trap Box Black or Pre Skimmer Box
- Includes Accela Pump--more info at the bottom of the page (a different pump is in the product picture)
- Body Size: 7.5" wide, 3" deep, 17" height
- User Manual (pdf file in new window)
The Bak-Pak 2 Bio-Filter is the second generation external, hang on the back, combination Protein Skimmer and Biological Filtration unit from CPR. The Bak-Pak 2, like the original, is designed for tank sizes up to 60 gallons. Water first enters the Protein Skimmer column from the aquarium and then flows through the biological chamber filled with Bio-Bale filtration media before returning to the aquarium.
The Protein Skimmer is driven by a rejuvenation venturi powerhead. Bubble dwell time is increased by the counter-current flow in the skimmer column. The quality of the foam collected can be controlled by raising and lowering the collection cup.
To set up the Bak-Pak 2, hang the unit behind the aquarium and plug it in -- that's it. The new improved design incorporates an easy to clean intake tube and an enclosed, directional outflow to reduce salt splash and micro-bubbles entering into tank. The new design also uses a smoke colored break-resistant collection cup. Body Size: 7.5" wide, 3" deep, 17" height
For Reef Tanks, check out our Bak-Pak 2R+.
Accela Pump Info:
The new Accela pump is similar to the Maxi-jet 1200, however, it includes some important added benefits. The pump has been modified to include a venturi intake which efficiently draws in more air with less restriction on the pump. This results in more effective protein skimming with a significantly increased "sweet spot" for skimmer operation.
- Increased air to water ratio
- Less restriction on the pump results in longer pump life
- Modest power consumption- 20% less than the Maxi-jet 1200
- UL listed with a 6 ft. grounded plug