CPR Aquatic Bak-Pak RCPR02072 Protein Skimmer Features:
- For reef tanks up 60 gallons. For larger tanks use the Bak-Pak Dual Pak. For fish only tanks use the Cyclone Bak-Pak 2 Bio-Filter w/ Accela Pump.
- For hang-on use only. No need to purchase an overflow or return pump, the Bak-Pak 2R+ simply hangs on the back of your tank.
- Can be used with the Pre-Skimmer/Bubble Trap Box, Bubble Trap Box Clear, Bubble Trap Box Black or Pre Skimmer Box
- Includes Accela Pump--more info at the bottom of the page (a different pump is in the product picture)
- Body Size: 7.5" wide, 3" deep, 17" height
- Incorporates CPR's proven high performance rejuvenation protein skimmer.
- Use on tanks utilizing the Berlin or Jaubert Method, where supplemental biological filtration is not desired.
- Easy to setup, easy to use, easy to clean.
- User Manual (pdf file in new window)
The CPR Bak-Pak 2R+ is designed for reef aquariums. This skimmer is designed for use on reef tanks where biological filtration is not necessary, but still incorporates all of the other features that have made the Bak-Pak line of skimmers so popular.
The "Tri Chamber" design of the Bak-Pak 2R+ takes the place of the biological section, and when combined with a new and improved outlet design, provides an effective way to reduce bubbles caused by system imbalances.
Accela Pump Info:
The new Accela pump is similar to the Maxi-jet 1200, however, it includes some important added benefits. The pump has been modified to include a venturi intake which efficiently draws in more air with less restriction on the pump. This results in more effective protein skimming with a significantly increased "sweet spot" for skimmer operation.
- Increased air to water ratio
- Less restriction on the pump results in longer pump life
- Modest power consumption- 20% less than the Maxi-jet 1200
- UL listed with a 6 ft. grounded plug