The Reefdoser twin can independently control 2 dosing pumps. The interval controller allows to adjustment the duration and the on/off cycle for each pump over a broad time span – from seconds to days. It can automate many tasks in an aquarium, such as regular dispensing trace elements and fertilizers in salt- and freshwater aquariums, controlled addition of calcium and bicarbonate into coral reef tanks, accurate dosing of Kalkwasser into coral reef tanks, or automatic feeding with live phyto and zoo plankton.
Rated at (15.5 ml/30 seconds), approx. 0.52 ml second.
Minimum Dosing: 0.52ml every 99 hours and 99 minutes.
See Specifications for larger dosing amount.
Always use non-return valves on each inlet and outlet to hold prime.
Santoprene hose and drive wheel are not covered under the warranty.
Rated for (1.5 ltr./hr.), approx. 0.4 gph per dosing unit.
Product Dimensions:(l x w x h) 9 x 3.5 x 4.5 in.
Procedure For exact dosing measurement:
Run liquid through the dosing pump for one minute. Measure the liquid which was pumped out. Do the math to find the length of time required to dose for the desired amount.
- 1 oz per minute
- Desired amount to dose: 0.5oz
- Multiply the time by the amount needed to dose .5 (oz) x 1 minute = 30 seconds
Results: 30 seconds of dosing will dose .5oz of liquid
- Pump doses 1.5oz per minute
- 1.5 Divide by 60 (seconds) = 40 (seconds)
- Thus, the Pump doses 1oz in 40 seconds
- Desired amount to dose: 3oz
- Multiply the time by the amount needed to dose 3 (oz) x 40 seconds = 120 seconds or 2 minutes.
Results: 2 minutes of dosing will dose 3oz of liquid