24 Inch Orphek Power Reef PR156 LED Light Fixture
Orphek Power Reef is exclusively developed for hard corals reef aquariums. Designed with a combination of white and blue Power LED's that are controlled by the built-in timers. Designed with resistant stainless steel with a corsica coating and acrylic materials, it is completely sealed not allowing any passage of water and protected against rust, shock and vibration. With enough PAR output to keep SPS on the bottom of a 48" deep reef tank, this is the first (and only) full spectrum LED light designed for hobbyists with deeper reef aquariums, where previously 250 watt or 400 watt metal halides were the only lighting options available.
Orphek uses two high quality digital timers with battery backup. One timer to control daylight, and one timer to control the moonlight. Each one of them having a 16 memory programmable digital LCD display, with the format hour/day/week. This way reef hobbyists using more than one Orphek Light Solution can simulate sunrise and sunset.
The Orphek Power Reef aquarium led lighting system uses an advanced internal built-in heat dissipation system including a heat-sink with a plurality of cavities, totally sealed, suitable for heat dissipation; and with the quiet built-in fan makes these LED's run very cool (cool to the touch), making these LED's function significantly well past the usual 50,000 hour operating time. It works quietly and it is environmental friendly. It doesn't make the temperature of the aquarium go up, therefore typically there is no need for other heat-removal equipment.
- Enclosure is made of stainless steel with a corsica coating, that is more durable and longer lasting than aluminum.
- Input voltage AC 100V-240V 50/60Hz
- LED Qty: 60pcs combines ~76% of White LEDS and ~23% of Blue LED's
- Color: White Led 16.000k 160lm, (CRI) Color Rendering Index of 88
- Wavelength: Blue 450nm - 460nm
- (8000 lumens total) ~18,000 LUX
- LED Electrical Parameters:P=2w I=500mA
- Working environmental temperature - 20 to +50 c degree
- Equal to MH/HPS light 250w-400w
PAR Test Measurements on a 24", 36", & 48" aquarium:
- Length: 24 inch x Width 6.1 inch x Height 2.0 inch
- Total package weight:~10KG,~22lb
- Hang on kit (fixture) included
- Two built in timers included
- Power supply is also ISO 9001:2000 certified, ISO14001:2004 certified, UL certified, and CE certified. Safety approvals with ROHS, as the base standards to ensure high reliability, high efficiency (95%), high power factor (99%)
- 48": average of 275, peak of 380
- 36": average of 350, peak of 450
- 24": average of 600, peak of 650
In tests of aquariums 24 inches deep, it has been recorded that one Orphek lighting unit could be used for every 36-40 inches in length, and 24-30 inches in width to provide sufficient reef tank lighting. Furthermore the PR-156 is so bright it can be hung quite far from the surface, increasing the spread in a shallow 24 inch deep reef tank.
Availability: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Business Days
|Positive Customer Review
16 Feb 2011, 8:38 PM
Orphak light choice LED
I purchased 1 setup and mounted it Over my 145 gallon reef cube. The spread is more than enough light to grow all types of corals from 40 inches from the sand bed. In addition our electric bill has dropped over 60 dollars a month from 1-250whatt metal halide and the chiller is gone. Check out the light at YouTube and search "145 gallon reef cube". There you will see it in action.